Prayer News 290 (May-June 2022)
Be part of Open Doors' secret network and support persecuted Christians in prayer. All the videos are available to download for you to share with your church or home group.
In this edition of Prayer News:
- Nigeria: When Pastor Andrew’s community was attacked by Boko Haram, he courageously chose to stay and rebuild his church.
- Burkina Faso: Abraham* and Joel* survived a jihadist attack on their church - but have been left traumatised in the aftermath. Please pray for their continued healing.
- Burkina Faso: Trauma care trainer Tirham* shares how your prayers and support are helping widows in Burkina Faso to heal.
- Central Asia: Jumagul* was beaten by her husband after she became a Christian - but with the support of a strong Christian community, she witnessed God's saving grace in her marriage.
- South East Asia: As a teenager, Dhea* found herself unjustly imprisoned. But someone sent her a Bible – and in her darkest moment, she encountered the Risen Jesus.
- Eritrea: When Yael* was 8 months pregnant, her husband was imprisoned for his faith. But during that time of trial, Yael knows that she was sustained by God and by the prayers of His people.
Also in this edition:
- Pray with us: Join Sam and Rebecca as they share some good news stories and answers to prayer from the persecuted church to encourage your prayers.
- Let's reflect: Sam shares a short reflection on Pentecost and how we are called to trust God's timing.
*Names changed for security reasons